Effective fuel management is more than just processing fuel receipts. It’s about monitoring driver fuel efficiency, fuel cost and lowering your company’s carbon footprint.
Fuel is an expensive element of running a company fleet. So it’s important to ensure you manage your fuel spend efficiently and cost-effectively with a fuel card.
Are drivers filling up with fuel at the cheapest service stations? How do you know? And is it their car they are filling up – or their partner’s vehicle?
CBVC Vehicle Management works with more than 20 fuel card companies and can import fuel card data to monitor driver fuel economy, fuel cost, carbon footprint and reduce unauthorised use.
Management information can then be fed back into the fleet management process to identify, for example, drivers that use excessive fuel suggesting a remedial driving course might be required. Or irregular patterns of fuel spend that do not meet the expected economy of the driver’s car and may point to possible fuel fraud.
Using fuel cards to manage fuel spend also reduces administrative time, simplifies VAT administration and cuts fleet costs.
How fuel cards can deliver significant business benefits
- Reduce and streamline administration costs
- Payment by single monthly invoice
- Simplification of VAT returns
- Authorisation of specific purchases, e.g. fuel and AdBlue only.
- Measure actual MPG, using fuel card recorded mileage
- Control of fuel costs through fixed weekly pricing
- Exert downward pressure on fuel spend and fleet CO2 emissions
- Identify unauthorised fuel purchases.
- Carbon footprint reporting
Talk to us on 01283 351200 about effective fuel management.