last updated 24/03/2020
In light of recent events all of our rental suppliers have implemented additional protocols and practical measures to keep both our customers and their employees safe during this period.
With immediate effect most suppliers have implemented a cluster plan with all branches being able to support neighbouring locations in the event a closure is required and restrict the movement of vehicles between branches to limit the risk of contamination. What this in turn does mean that with temporary branch closures immediate availability is likely to be affected and also deliveries and collections falling outside of our usual SLA. Network supply of vehicles is still strong spread out over all of our providers and we will of always endeavour to fulfil a requirement although with the expectation that collect and return to branch may in many cases be the only route for urgent reservations. There also are likely to be occasions where we will have to fulfil the reservation with a different vehicle group to the one booked.
In summary general guidance on customer safety:
- The vehicle is cleaned as normal as well as the major interior hard surfaces i.e. gearstick/glovebox/vehicle key and fob/seatbelts/handles (internal and external)/dashboard/steering wheel and rear view mirror etc, prior to every delivery with a chemical sanitiser solution.
- The Driver will deliver the vehicle wearing gloves at all time and advise the customer if asked, all vehicles are cleaned using robust cleaning techniques after each rental.
- Drivers are advised to ensure that they stay a minimum 2 metres away from customer and there is no customer contact, gloves are worn at all times – these may if required be a key drop through a letterbox to further limit contact.
- If a customer states they are in the process of self-isolating, please inform CBVC before commencement of the hire to avoid abortive deliveries.
- Suppliers are also cleaning their facilities frequently with recommended sanitising products, and all staff are operating in line with Public Health guidance.
It is important with limited hand-overs on delivery and collection that the Customer thoroughly inspects the vehicle and advises of any damage, for guidance please contact CBVC.
- Customers are advised that they have a duty of care as per Public Health England’s guidelines to make CBVC and Supplier aware if they have been told to self-isolate or been confirmed to have COVID-19 during the rental period.
- In the event a vehicle has to be quarantined each Supplier is handling the period and procedure differently, so we will have to operate on a case by case basis, broadly the vehicle can be quarantined for 9 days for which the Customer must ensure:
- the vehicle is in a safe and secure location – preferably at a Customer’s own address, in the event the vehicle is a hazard some Suppliers will arrange a special team to move the vehicle into quarantine;
- the Customer is advised to not re-enter the vehicle for the reminder of the rental period and/or quarantine;
- the vehicle remains on the Customer’s insurance for the period of isolation.
- Again each Supplier is operating slightly differently, rental charging may continue for the period of quarantine, CBVC will confirm the details when informed of the incident.
No Supplier will issue a vehicle to anyone returning from at risk countries based on the recommendations of the UK Chief Medical Officers. These areas have been identified because of the volume of air travel from affected areas, understanding of other travel routes and number of reported cases. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-the-public#returning-travellers
We are taking all appropriate measures, following the World Health Organization (WHO) and local health recommendations and directives, to ensure the safety of employees and customers everywhere we operate, together with service delivery with minimal disruption.